Our department is uniquely part of the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences and the College of Engineering, offering our students double the resources for internship connections, career services, and scholarships. As a student in our department, you will have all of the benefits of a large research university, but you will belong to a department that feels like a small community.
Top Reasons Our Students Join Our Department:
- 92.8% or higher job attainmnet within 6 months of graduation for all three majors (2012-13 Job Placement Report).
- Our programs incorporate hands-on lab sections with traditional style lectures, enabling students to learn how theory is practically applied to real-life scenarios. Classes are small and labs are even smaller, allowing for individualized learning and attention.
- Graduates from all of our undergraduate majors have a starting salary range from $45,000 - $55,000.
- With less than 500 students in our whole department and a student to instructor ratio of 6:1, FABE is like a family. Our faculty and instructors know their students' names; our students spend a great deal of time together in our computer lab; and we have multiple departmental clubs and organizations for students to stay involved.
- Over $95,000 in scholarships from our department to incoming and current undergraduate and graduate students (2015-2016), not including additional scholarship opportunities offered through CFAES and COE. Learn more about the financial aid we offer here.
- Beyond the classroom, students can join one of our several FABE student organizations to build community with fellow students, join competitions against other universities, participate in industry networking events, and have fun at social and recreational activities.
- Students prepare for their career in the classroom and beyond with professional development courses, internship and co-op experiences, and access to career services offices and professionals.
- Small class sizes in major courses
- Hands-on learning in classes and labs
- Personalized academic counseling
- National award-winning departmental clubs and research teams
- Direct connections to co-op and internship opportunities
- Career services
- Professional development courses
- Opportunities to take summer classes at Stone Lab on Lake Erie
- Graduate programs