Interested in technology used for production agriculture?
Want to learn more about what technologies exist—GPS, variable rate application, Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)/drones, remote sensing—how to manage agricultural data, and much more?
There is still room in Agricultural Systems Management 4580!
Monday, 3:00 - 4:20PM
Tuesday, 1:20 - 4:05PM
Wednesday, 1:20 - 4:05PM
Introduction to the principles and technologies of precision agriculture including: Global Positioning System (GPS),
guidance systems, plant and soil sensors, soil sampling, yield mapping and related technologies.
- "This was one of the best classes I have been enrolled in during my time in college. I enjoyed all of the lectures and labs. There was a lot of homework and lab work but it was well worth the time and effort put in. I feel that the knowledge I have gained through this course will greatly help me in the future."
- "The class gave a great perspective into precision agricultural and sparked my interest to learn more about the future of precision ag."
- "Teacher was extremely fair and wanted to make sure students understood the material."
- "I enjoyed the professionals coming in and talking about different parts of precision Ag."
- "He [instructor] makes his classes so students can take a concept and run with it. In precision ag he allowed us to use SMS Advanced which will help further my education and give me another skill to use in my profession. Great Teacher!!!!!"
- "By far one of the best classes I have taken in the agricultural college and even Ohio State as a whole. This class has a ton of practical knowledge and educates students on one of the biggest topics in agriculture today, precision agriculture. [The instructor] is an energetic instructor and definitely knows what he is talking about when it comes to precision agriculture. He has lots of contacts in the field and brought in great speakers to talk about the newest technology."