The following instructions pertain to BOTH ASM and CSM students. Please read these instructions completely before submitting your petition. You must talk to your academic advisor, Ms. Coleman or your faculty advisor before submitting the petition. Incomplete information or missing supporting documents WILL delay the review of your petition.
1. Click here to download the petition. This is a writable pdf document. Save the petition on your computer before completing the form to maintain the writable features.
2. Complete the form
- Clearly state which course(s) you are petitioning to waive or substitute, the course number, title, and credit hours (Example: CSM 2240 Construction Methods and Materials I, 3 credits)
- Include course descriptions for the OSU course(s) you are petitioning to waive or substitute. Course descriptions can be found on the Course Catalog on Buckeyelink.
- For the transferred courses, write from which college the course is transferred, course number, course title, and credit hours.
3. Sign the form with an electronic signature
4. Save the form for your records
3. Email the completed form AND all necessary supporting documents to email@example.com. Supporting documents include a syllabi of the transfer courses for which you are petitioning for an OSU course.
- Please include your last name in the subject line of your email
- Supporting document file names (including the petition) must include your last name
4. You will receive an email when your submission has been processed by the department and sent to CFAES.
Please contact LaShanda C. Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.