Why Join ASABE Student Branch?
- Learn more about Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering and other related fields with your fellow Ohio State students
- Hear from guest speakers and recent graduates
- Network with future employers
- Develop professionally and build on your leadership skills
- Make new friends and have fun!
The American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers is an educational and scientific organization dedicated to the advancement of engineering applicable to agricultural, food, and biological systems. Founded in 1907 and headquartered in St Joseph, Michigan, ASABE comprises 9,000 members in more than 100 countries.
Agricultural, Food and Biological Engineers develop efficient and environmentally sensitive methods of producing food, fiber, timber, and renewable energy sources for an ever-increasing world population. Details about the scope and achievements of the profession can be found in Career Resources and also on the Historic Landmarks page.
ASABE is led by a 14-member Board of Trustees, who ensures ASABE fulfills its missions of facilitating the exchange of technical information and promoting the science and art of engineering in agricultural, food, and biological systems. Activities of the Society are carried out by its four councils: Membership, Meetings, Publications, and Standards with input from the following Divisions and Institutes, which represent ASABE's technical specialty areas:
- Biological Engineering
- Food and Process Engineering
- Information and Electrical Technologies
- Power and Machinery
- Soil and Water
- Structures and Environment
- Ergonomics, Safety and Health
- Forest Engineering
- Aquacultural Engineering
Society activities are also conducted through geographic Sections affiliated Communities, and special programs, including an active Pre-professionals (student) group for individuals contemplating or preparing for a career in agricultural, food, and biological engineering.
ASABE membership is open to all (engineers as well as non-engineers) who are interested in the knowledge and application of engineering in agricultural, food, and biological systems. Contact us for further information about the society, its activities, and membership.
Meeting times for the 2021-2022 school year have not yet been determined. Join us for food, friends, and fun!
Autumn 2021 Meeting Schedule:
If you are interested in joining, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the email list and receive updates about club events.
- President – Parker Clark (email@example.com)
- Vice President – Hayden Johnson (Johnson.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer – Sharolyn Balbaugh (email@example.com)
- Secretary – Haley Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Social Chairs – Ashley Bergman (Bergman.email@example.com) and Hannah Carlisle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- E-Council Representatives – Bobby Bench (email@example.com) & Logan Kreinbrink (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Advisor – Andrew Klopfenstein (email@example.com)