The Ohio State University Quarter-Scale Tractor Team provides students the opportunity to apply what they are learning in the classroom to real-world problems. Students spend the academic year planning, designing, building, and testing a quarter-scale tractor to compete in the International Quarter Scale Tractor Student Design Competition hosted by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE). Team members use knowledge from mechanics, strength of materials, dynamics, hydraulics, physics, engines, Solidworks, electricity and circuits, manufacturing, and more, combined with skills such as communication, economics, business, organization, and leadership to bring their tractor from a plan to competition-ready.
The Quarter-Scale Tractor Team is open to any undergraduate student regardless of major.
Click here to learn more about this student organization and to get involved.
On May 31st through June 4th, Ohio State's Quarter Scale Tractor Team competed in the International Quarter Scale Competition hosted by ASABE in Peoria, Illinois. Ten students represented the Buckeyes with their Tractor, Brutus 319. They competed in events that judged the tractor's performance, ergonomics, serviceability, safety, manufacturability, and more. This year they finished with eighth place overall.
2018 Team Members
- Matthew Klopfenstein, Rank 4, Agricultural Engineering
- Blaine Cline, Rank 4, Agricultural Engineering
- Bryce Campbell, Rank 4, Agricultural Engineering
- David Keck, Rank 4, Agricultural Engineering
- Tristan White, Rank 4, Agricultural Engineering
- Nate Parsons, Rank 4, Agricultural Engineering
- Stacie Synder, Rank 4, Childhood Education
- Alex Wynn, Rank 4, Agricultural Systems Management
- Jamal Garcia, Rank 4, Agricultural Engineering
- Jarrod Bowman, Rank, 3 Agricultural Engineering
Dr. Scott Shearer
Poet Biorefining Leipsic
The Hubbard Company
Wenninger Seed Service INC
Dealey Chemical LLC
Williamson Insurance Agency
K & L Tractor Sales, INC
Haviland Drainage Products
Pro-Tec Coating Company
College of Engineering
More information coming soon...